Well if you didn’t catch my reference to MC Hammer… then its certainly time to make some Harvest Banana Bread! MMMM.. the smell of rich nutty bananany goodness wafting through the halls. This is not a vegan recipe (still working out the kinks)… so hold onto that hater-ade. I will post that soon!
So here is the tried and true recipe below… ENJOY!
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup almond flour (you can sub all-purpose instead)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup softened butter (room temp)
- 1 cup cane sugar (white sugar will work too)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon coconut milk (or you can use soy/reg. milk instead)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- Dash of cinnamon
- Coat a 9 x 4 inch loaf pan with cooking spray and lightly dust with all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F
- Mash bananas in a bowl (I used a potato masher… or a big fork will do)
- Mix together flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda with whisk in another bowl
- Mix butter and sugar with spatula in a large bowl until creamy & smooth
- Stir in mashed bananas and eggs (one at a time, mixing before adding next)
- Stir in vanilla extract and milk
- Mix in chopped nuts, chocolate chips, and flour mixture until just a few flour streaks remain (don’t overmix)
- Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan and tap pan on the counter to release any air pockets
- Sprinkle a dash of cinnamon on top of batter
- Bake in preheated oven for about 1 hour 15 minutes, or until an inserted wooden skewer comes out clean
- Let the bread rest in the pan for 15-20 minutes. Remove from pan and serve!
Try it out and feel free to experiment!!!